Thursday, February 17, 2011

Call me Dual

I passed my citizenship interview on February 7th, 2011. The official ceremony is next week. I am happy to say that I am in fact American (and Canadian) now. Canada loves me and so does the U.S.A. When I told the kids I passed, Kael said to me "Now your like the rest of our family Mom"
Cute, but one day I will have to break it to him that half of his genetic makeup is indeed Canadian!

Scott works the day of the Ceremony so it will be just Jade and I having that proud moment together.
I guess I will just have to imagine Scott's weaselly grin if he were there. He loves that he stole me from the land of the frozen chosen.

Oh, and I feel really smart after memorizing 100 questions about the United States. They only asked me 10 of them.... that was mean.
So for all you Americans out there let's see how much you know......

1. How many voting seats are there for the House of Representatives?





2 comments:

Brian and Emily said...

I like the sound of that, it kind of has a ring to it. . . "the land of the frozen chosen!" Did Scott come up with that or you? IT was great to talk to you today. I am sorry if I rambled on too much. I miss you so much and feel like I never make the most of our conversations, we always have so much to catch up on. Looking forward to having you closer! Gig Harbor is sooooo beautiful, I am so excited for you guys. I kept looking for rentals for another half an hour after we talked.

Melissa said...

2 more years until i have to memorize those 100 questions! Congrats!