Saturday, July 24, 2010

14,110 ft.

Thank you Cog Railway for a memorable day!
3 hours and 10 minutes by train to go 14,110 ft to the top of Pikes Peak and down again. The boys were excited to ride their first train....... and up a huge mountain to top it off! The scenery was amazing and so was the weather luckily. Scott's brother and his wife requested this activity for the day and we are so glad they did. The view from the top was pretty amazing. Poor little Jade missed out today....... but holding her on my lap for that long would have killed me and all on board!

Here we are ready to go!

Isn't this little Red train cute...... I thought so.

You don't even know the work behind getting these boys to smile and hold still for a picture! I guess they were just sitting for the last 2 hours......

Never thought we'd see Shawn & Annette set foot in Colorado. We are so happy they came. It was Annette's very first time ever flying on a plane....... and it was all to come and get tortured by Scott in the dental chair! Sorry Annette.

The night ended with another first, eating at " The Melting Pot". Let's just say it did not disappoint!

Just a tip: don't ever take two naughty boys out to eat for 2 hours at this expensive Restaurant!

4 comments:

Jennyanne said...

3 hour train ride....2 hour dinner....you are far more patient than I. It's always worth it though, right?

What a cool view from the top! Jack and Ty are so obsessed with trains right now they would have loved that.

So glad you got to have a visit with Sean and Annette. Wish we could have been there still to see them.

I kind of want your sweater...I know exactly where you got it don't I?....

counting down....1 week...can't wait...

Andrea said...

Wow that looks like a blast! I just went to the melting pot for the first time and I totally know what you mean, my two boys would shut that place down.

Juliana said...

Ahhh! Fun! We wanted to ride that when we were there! We'll just have to take a trip there to do it! Ü My boys would LOVE it! And....yummy to the Melting Pot! I've been one time, a long time ago but like you said....It is awesome!

Lisa said...

Haha...guess you never got the memo about taking naughty boys there. I can't even imagine taking mine...disaster! We'll all have to go sometime...minus any naughty boys :)