Friday, March 13, 2009

A good day

I think it is my occasional good days that get me through the bad ones. Today, even though Jade didn't nap at all, and the boys didn't even pick up and attempt to play with one toy, I managed to feel happy and make the best of it. This isn't always the case, as many of these types of days end up in me feeling like a grumpy, mean, boring, Mom. I have all three kids home all day, every day right now, no breaks, no preschool, no nothing.  I'm not going to lie, it has been hard some days. So tonight the boys and I read for hours before bed and it really is those sweet moments with them cuddled beside me that my heart is so full of love and gratitude for each of them and what they teach me.  Another sweet moment tonight was just rocking Jade before bed and having her look up at me and play with my hair and hum to herself. She seemed so old, like she knew so much already, so peaceful and pure. She has such beautiful hands, so graceful and soft. I love when she grabs my face. I am so blessed to have these little ones to love and to learn from. I am so grateful for those simple, still, calm moments that give perspective on who we are and why we are here.  I need a lot more of them.

10 comments:

janine said...

speaking of cabin fever with kids...i heard (in the mother's lounge) that colorado springs has a really nice zoo and have been considering taking the kids down for it. wondering if you'd like to join me sometime?

Sheri said...

Amen sister! I applaud you...I bet you can't wait for the fall!

Juliana said...

It's not always easy to find those peaceful quiet moments (especially with two preschooler boys)--please call me ANYTIME you are feeling overwhelmed--drop off those boys or lets go to the park! Jade is a sweety and she does have sweet little precious hands. :)
SMILES your way miss Sarah!

Kera said...

i think you need to let us babysit some night next week!!!! we owe you guys SOOOOO much. you've been our life savors.

Brian and Emily said...

Sarah you are the perfect Mom for your sweet children. No one could be doing a better job than you! I love you and loved reading your post....truly these little ones are a precious gift from heaven. When we are truly looking with spiritual eyes, we can see the wonders of heaven right in our midst.....our sweet little ones!

Jennyanne said...

I love you for writing that. I have felt that same thing a lot lately and wished I'd written it down. I'm so glad you did.

Love you.

Emily said...

Hey Sarah! I found your blog on Linnea's. Here's mine. http://reinitz.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

sweet post. I love little baby hands too. they're so precious. finding the quiet moments are tough sometimes but if we didn't have the wild times, we wouldn't know how to really appreciate those quiet times.

Nikki Dailey said...

I know the Feeling! You are a great mommy!

Rebecca Neville said...

I love reading this! Thanks for sharing, those moments seem so few and far between it is nice to be reminded how great they are.