Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lucky..... or Unlucky?

You decide. I'm not sure what to think? After last night, I just hope we're through with "close calls"  for a while. Here's why.

#1. Late last night Scott went to the fridge looking for something to snack on. This is not unusual by any means. While gazing into the fridge he heard some crackling sounds, which he ignored and simply continued his search by opening the freezer. That is when he saw a warm orange-ish glow at the back of the freezer followed by more cracking noises.....  and that's when he yelled for me.  " Sarah, we've got a fire in the house!"   I come running in the kitchen and by then he had the fridge out from the wall with everything unplugged.  I could see a little smoke cloud above the fridge.... but was still nervous to go any closer . ( Maybe it was gonna blow, you never know..... plus I was holding little baby girl).  So our 6 month old fancy new fridge just about burned the house down last night..... while we should have all been in bed sleeping, not snacking....... and I will stop there.  I'm so glad Scott listens to his stomach.

#2.  A little while ago I was in our empty dining room looking up at the chandelier, and something just didn't look right. I walked over and reached my hand in to feel around. Oh what a surprise I found!  A burnt, charred, dirty diaper. One more day in there and I can only imagine. I didn't know the boys had been practicing their basketball skills with poopy  diapers in the dining room. It's a good thing the lights aren't turned on very often in that room or who knows what could've happened. 

As some of you know our family hasn't been very lucky with fire. In high school our house burned down, yes enough reason to be scared and just a tad bit nervous with all these unlucky events.   

 

   

9 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh. What is up with the fridge? So glad Scott was hungry!

Brian and Emily said...

Wow Sarah...that is quite an exciting night! Hard to imagine what would have happened if Scott hadn't been awake! You can call it luck, but I think we all know it was a tender mercy.....wow, glad everyone is safe.

The diaper bomb just kind of makes me giggle...I've got my money on Karson!

Jennyanne said...

OH MY GOSH!!! My internet has been down so I haven't been able to check on you lately ; (
Wow! So glad I did. That's SO freaky!! and SUCH a miracle! I sure hope you are doing some investigating into that fridge company!!! I love the diaper- I am really curious what might have happened actually ; )
I am in love with your cute little trick or treaters. We sure missed you guys this Halloween and I know I'm late but Happy Anniversary! I LOVED all your posts! ! !
Miss you - did you get my message the other day... I will try again. SO gLAD YOU ARE ALIVE. Thanks for being hungry Scott- you are my hero.

Tosha G said...

close call, I would say lucky. Good thing scott wasn't satisfied with what he saw in the fridge and moved to the freezer. Sounds like you were really watched over

Andrea said...

Holy Cow...that is insane! Will they give you a new fridge? I'm so glad you have a blog, they make it so easy to keep up with all the old college friends! By the way, your little girl is adorable! You have some seriously cute kids!

Juliana said...

Yikes!!!! Glad Scott likes his midnight snacks!

Rebecca Neville said...

HOLY SMOKES!, literally. That is the craziest thing. I never new your house burned down. What a blessing you guys were looking in the freezer. Was the damage bad?

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

How scarey. Sounds like you guys were blessed.

Kera said...

about two sundays ago I was cooking dinner on the stove and it caught on fire! I didn't even know what to do. Luckily patrick ran in and put it out but the stove is NEW also... Kind of freaky. Thats scary about your fridge and chandelier.