Friday, November 9, 2012

Wouldn't have missed it!



I love going home to see my family. This trip tops all visits home EVER! It was a one of a kind Birthday surprise for my Dad. We (all my siblings) had plans to be at the Cardston temple without my Dad knowing we had flown home. What a sweet feeling it was to walk into the chapel room together and see his overwhelmed heart burst into tears. It doesn't really get much better than having all your children in the temple together on your 60th birthday! It was the kind of surprise we needed, to match the caliber of this man. 
Then, the weekend fun continued with Canada Day parades, a visit to Waterton National Park, singing to very old, and very loved grandparents, eating ketchup chips daily, and beautiful weather.

Only thing I'd change? Having Scott there with me to enjoy all the fun. He stayed home and moved us into our new house while I was off playing. What a guy!

My grandpa is 104? or maybe 105? I lost track...










1 comment:

Thomas Family said...

Awesome. That is the coolest present you guys gave to your dad. Love all the pictures. And I think Grandpa turns 103 in december.... I think. And I LOVE the farm. You guys are liv'n the dream!! :)