Wednesday, April 27, 2011

False Alarm


I am so proud of this little baby for being obedient. 32 weeks is way too early to arrive. We had a little scare last week when I started having contractions every 3-5 mins for almost 3 hours. I of course had to go into to the hospital and have some tests, monitoring, and to see if I was dilating. I was so scared when she checked me because all my preterm babies have come this exact way...... consistent contractions usually = baby 5 hours later.

I left still having contractions but feeling much relief after a negative test result came back from the Fetal Fibronectin Test. It basically means you can be 99.2% assured that you won't deliver in the next 2 weeks.

So hopefully we don't have anymore false alarms until I make 35 weeks.

I still can't believe she could come that soon!

This little lady has been so sweet and helpful these days. I can't believe how independent she is already. I can't wait to see her become a proud big sister soon.
She has totally been my little sunshine during these weeks of change and uncertainty.
I have come to realize how great my children really are these past few weeks. We have had to really stick together and rely on only each other. I love them more than I did a month ago when life was easy and predictable.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so glad that it was just a false alarm. I'm praying for you and wanted you to know how cute your little kiddos are. They are lucky to have you as their mom!

sharon said...

Your a brave MoM and we love you.
Take care of yourself... and baby
til I can come to help.

Jennyanne said...

Hang in there! I am so glad little Miss put the brakes on...I have been thinking of you. a lot.

You are a super woman!

thehallebunch2 said...

you are just stinkin gorgeous!!