Monday, March 28, 2011

Music = my survival

Sometimes it is so hard to stay on task when life seems to swallow you up.
It is spring break and it is not a typical one for us around here. My kids keep telling me they have no toys, no friends to play with, no fun trips planned anywhere...... and it's all true. Spring break is the time you usually fly to Disneyland together, something exciting, life changing.

Well, our life changing event is finding a roof over our heads for the next 2 months (which thank heavens we did find), packing a minimum of 8 boxes a day, cleaning, eating at every fast food joint, and keeping everyone low stress and happy during it all.

We have had some good days and some days I am not proud of. Moving is such a transition for everyone and it's hard being the Mom trying her best to be happy, tough, patient, fun loving and create a non stressful environment for her children.

So at least the meltdowns have led to much being accomplished the following days.

We have been so blessed these past few months, everything has been working out just right. I am just emotionally challenged with this pregnancy and extra worried about everything that usually I wouldn't even blink about.

I bought some new music the other day off itunes and am here to say it has been the key to my survival.
Music has always been a huge part of my life. I love finding new songs and albums.
So Adele, thank you for having such a great new CD.
Mindy Gledhill, if I were ever lucky enough to make music it would be like your album "Anchor."
So go and buy both! Now.

They are the reason for my happy packing days.



3 comments:

Juliana said...

Ahhhh! You are amazing my friend! Can I be like you when I grow up! Ü I can empathize with you a bit right now except for being pregnant while moving.....and selling a house. Whoa! I love Mindi Gledhill's cd.....awesome! Listen to it while running and it makes me feel all light hearted and happy! Fun music. I'll have to check out the other! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Sheri said...

Why we are friends...I already have both albums! I LOVE adele..she is my music idol. Amazing. Mindy makes me happy...always in need of happy music. Sending love and happy thoughts your way!
Can't wait for a fall trip to Washington to see you!

Brian and Emily said...

I totally agree with music being a key to survival, but I must admit talking to you the other day and missing you so much and wishing I was there to take your kids and help pack boxes and lighten your stress, I also feel like SISTERS= my survival!!! Don't know what I would do without my sisters, can't wait until you are closer! I love you, going to buy music right now!!!