Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Damage done

Broken, ripped, trashed, dirty, dented, and damaged.  These are the words that describe what happens when you put anything and my boys in the same room. I thought it was just a phase, and that it soon would pass. I'm afraid I was wrong, and that I am in for the long hall with these two knuckleheads. Here is a list of things that they have trashed in the last 2 weeks, I'm sure I'm going to want a record of this someday.
Ripped off all border wall- paper in the play room, along with some paint.
Threw baseballs through the insulation in the basement (about 30 holes found so far)
Broke the metal bars on the trampoline (the ones that hold the net, they broke the net months ago)
Roped and pulled over trees in the front yard (small ones obviously)
Broke race track, bean bag game, and tent they got for Christmas.
Engraved all over the playroom table.
Lifted the counter top off of the island in the kitchen (must not have been on very well)
Broke their DVD player

That is all that came to mind right away, I'm sure there was much more.

My conclusion: WE NEED TO LIVE ON A FARM. In an old house, with lots of animals, and barns. As soon as possible really.





7 comments:

Tennille said...

That is really bad but funny at the same time! I am glad that I am not the only one with distructive little boys. I know exactly how you feel:)

Life Is Golden said...

I. am. speechless... and that's saying something.

Thomas Family said...

Wow. That is truly amazing. I've been thinking I want a little boy next for Wilson to be buddies with. Yup. this totally changed my mind!! So funny.

Anonymous said...

I am NOT speechless I'm afraid. I can totally relate my friend. I need you to be my new neighbor in Stirling ASAP. I think you might possibly understand why we are moving to a dump in Stirling..... I LOVE you!!

PS. Mom says, she's been there too!! She skipped the farm and went straight to Ponoka!

Anonymous said...

PS. Last post was from JEnny kins!

Unknown said...

I was laughing so hard and then crying thinking about how long my kids list of destruction would be. I won't have anything nice until the kids are all grown, but then I won't have them!!!

Rachel said...

well, I have no advice for boys who can rope and uproot trees. Sounds like you've got your hands full =) wow.