Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Red, white, and ...... blue.

Okay...... I didn't decorate with a ton of blue because then I can't count it as a Canadian celebration as well. Aren't I sneaky? I am actually very proud to call both countries my home. My little family is definitely more American then Canadian these days.
I am out numbered 4 to 1!
Our 4th was filled with yummy food, decadent desserts, great friends & family, a few tornado warnings, topped off with 100% rain, and some sad attempts at fireworks while hiding in cars!
So we had July 5th fireworks instead and everyone showed up for some fun. My camera died so I only have a few pics from the night. Hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend! We sure did.

Daddy's little American girl.

I'm pretty sure this little stud is an American too........

Some of the patriotic "decor" for the big party.

Did you guys know that Martha Stewart came to our party and delivered this cake made from scratch? Yep. We feel lucky to have our very own Martha around a.k.a. Regan. She doesn't mess around as you can tell. The cake was huge and delicious!


5 comments:

Brian and Emily said...

Looks like you all had a great 4th!! We were at Echo lake and celebrated July 1st with the Boehmes. We had a great time and I made a Canada cake similar to Regans, I'll post soon. Not quite as colorful. Seriously can't wait to see everyone in August!!!

jocelyn said...

you hosted such a fun party! thanks so much. we had a great time...if only the weather would've cooperated. can't wait to make the caramel puffed corn stuff! (does it have an official name?)

campblondie said...

Looks like a fun time! You have such a cute family! Oh yeah, are you kidding me with that cake?

Kera said...

i just got your message yesterday! ha ha. only a week late :) thanks so much for the invite.
only 3 more days and i will be back in "the springs"

YEAH!!!

ps: jade is a true american beauty.

Farmer Family said...

Little Jade is so stinkin' cute! I just want to kiss her little cheeks. We hope to see you guys in August!